Friday, December 16, 2016

Baily Steals the Show

When I wrote Abbey's Tale published by The Wild Rose Press, I only had a minor role for the lovable black lab that belongs to the lighthousekeeper. But fans love him and I must admit that he just started going things I never anticipated in that take charge doggie way. Mostly, a cat lover, even I was won over by Bailey, and he almost takes on the role of therapy dog when Abbey goes teach at a school for the blind in Boston. People sometimes ask me if I outline the entire plot before I write a book, and the answer is definitely no. I have a good idea about the characters, their situation and how it might end, but I love the way the characters come to life and take on a dimension of their own and Bailey certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment